Saturday, January 22, 2011

with sweet wine on your lips

Being a perfectionist comes with the territory as a filmmaker I assume. Although I am still without actors at the moment, I am already over-analyzing the cut-aways and close-ups of body parts that might feel a little out of place, yet capture the feeling. I found this perfect piece of film full of intimacy and kisses. Love it. Want it, badly. I should just make a film where everyone kiss instead. There's two scenes where the characters kiss in my film, one is a passionate rather steamy moment at the theatre during a performance, the other is within a dream, but more fragile and sensitive. I ran into my once lead actress yesterday, we talked about her boyfriend wanting to give the acting a go. She admitted she didn't like the idea of him planting kisses on other girls lips. I guess that's the difference between people and actors. I kept thinking of a way to explain, and all I could come up with afterward is that it's like performing dance. The costumes you were for the performance is not something you wear everyday, it enhances your performance but once they're off they are off. Life on stage is not life itself. But what's the point convincing someone that isn't aware of this from the start - it's pretty much an invitation for trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment