Monday, January 3, 2011

Red Curtains


When my supervisor Keith commented on the theatre scene(s) in the script with "All of a sudden there's this vibrant Baz Luhrmann sequence", little did he know how much he was spot on. In all honesty I have dreamed of re-using the Arbis theater in Sweden, where I once worked as a revue show-girl, since I came to Australia. Quite ironic, knowing you have such a great location with make-up, red curtain stage, spotlights and an endless warehouse of costumes at your disposal, if you were back in Sweden. If. I do not have enough fingers to count how many times during film projects I've sighed "See, if we were in Sweden I'd have access to this for free..." Being a film student low-budget is the key.


It was a little bit of a risk including the theater scenes in the script. It demanded some higher production value, adding quite a variety of locations (stage, side-stage, dance-studio, make-up rooms and locker-rooms not to mention costumes). For the past few days, before I had any confirmation that I may use these locations, I just started imagining what a nightmare it would be trying to pin down alternate locations. I admit, I was hopeful from the very start that I wouldn't be denied. Thank God for Arbis! It is a pearl of a place indeed and I am convinced it will look more than amazing as a location. So now it feels like a big weight have been lifted off my shoulders for securing this superb location, however, two days ago my lead actress politely pulled out. I am coming to fear the casting process...

2 comments:

  1. keep the inspiration coming!
    you've got a good blog, and i'll be back for sure!
    happy new year from COSMICaroline to you!
    come visit COSMICaroline to see revamped outfits and a new photographer coming soon!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the name of your blog!

    ♥♥♥

    www.sceneofchangery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete