Wednesday, February 23, 2011

when things stop turning out the way you plan


The fact that shooting has been taking up all my time and I haven't been able to update should be a good sign, right? Not so much in fact. Yes, the shoot in Sweden is over. Yes, the bags are packed and I'm leaving a quarter to midnight for Australia. But no, I didn't get everything that I need. I had to re-shoot one of the scenes, and that went well. Joakim got sick, so the tree scene , although we ended up doing an improvised version of it without him will most likely be re-shot in Oz. Kalle had to take Joakim's scenes, so in one way those scenes are covered, but not as I planned.

The show-piece that is meant to sparkle up the film is a major let-down as well as 1) it turned out the only show available was a 60's musical that 2) did not have that much showy dance moments and 3) I only have it from one angle as 4) it got cancelled due to lead actor getting sick on the day I was supposed to go back and get more footage, which 5) also meant I do not have enough behind-the-scenes-at-the-theater footage either. Seems like a rewrite of the script will be needed...

1 comment: